Thursday, May 21, 2009

Burritos

My acquaintance Carl says that people with certain blood types have more trouble digesting different foods, it has something to do with your ancestry. He has trouble with red meats, supposedly, while others struggle with dairy and lactose. I believe my blood has trouble digesting Mexican. My ancestors probably spent a good portion of their time shying away from Mexico, South America and East Harlem.

Of course, then, you might understand why I hate how delicious burritos are. It’s a veritable fiesta inside of that tortilla. The contrasting sweet corn with the spicy salsa with the sour cream serves as a perfect metaphor for our Hispanic neighbor’s delicious culture: the humor of Cheech, the music of J-Lo and the fire of Taco Bell. Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment